WYRED Research Questions
- To what extent can population data be generalised across similar speaker groups for FSC purposes?
- What criteria can be considered when determining the generalisability of speech population data?
- To collect the largest forensically-relevant British English speech database and to make it available for wider use by researchers, forensic phoneticians, and other interested parties.
- To provide population statistics for voice quality, hesitation markers, long-term formant distributions, and fundamental frequency for male speakers in West Yorkshire.
- To explore the generalisability of population data, and identify the level at which speaker groups need to be defined to FSC purposes.
- To create an international platform on which to share population data, and use the proposed database as a vanguard for encouraging other researchers and experts to participate in knowledge exchange.